Jan 18, 2009

Of Ex-es and happy endings

If you and I
were in a Karan Johar movie,
we would meet 20 years later.
We would still be young
and wearing abominably shiny clothes,
get married,'THE END' flashing,
flashing in golden Rockwell Extra Bold font.
We would never say goodbye.

If you and I came out of a
fairytale by the Brothers Grimm,
we would be thrown apart by a
wicked witch, you would roam the world
in search of me and I
would be unconscious under a spell.
Then there would be a kiss,
that makes disappear all the years
and nothing would be amiss.
We would never say goodbye.

If you and I were a part
of an Indian myth, you would forget me
in a wink and I would do penance for you,
apologise profusely when we meet again,
ask for no child support for bearing your child
and raising him, fall at your feet
and then you,me and our son
would do a pooja without skipping a beat.
We would never say goodbye.

If you and I were in a post-modern movie,
depicting the decadent 70s in the US of A,
we would drift apart, get married to 2 perfect people,
end up staying next to each other,
send our kids to the same summer camp
and all the 4 of us would party hard,
have a wild orgy that defied normalcy
in the jacuzzi in my backyard.
We would never say goodbye.

You could go to war,
I could die of a mysterious illness,
one would go in a violent way
leaving the other to be eaten up by regret.
Many things, many ways we would have ended this
on paper, by pen, over blogs, on Orkut,
over mobile networks that easily transmitted
harsh words across great distances.
We would say a lot of hurtful things
that never made no sense.
We would never say goodbye.

We did say goodbye.
It did mean something.
It helps one move on
and the other to get over us.
Because, we did say it,
now I wish you well
and say it from the bottom of my heart,
that at the sound of your wedding bells,
I would dance with a heart as light as my feet.
Wish whole-heartedly, may our stars never cross,
may our fates never meet.

Heard my ex is getting married and about time, I would say. :D.
Hey you,if you are reading this, hope you have a wonderful married life, beautiful wife, 5 kids,a house, a yard, a dog and a well-fed potbelly. :D

2 comments:

  1. 5 kids. hello flash an inverted red triangle here..
    family planning bolke one thing is there i think

    ReplyDelete